So you have applied for a fresh new Aadhaar card? You must be curious to find out if it is generated. Good news for you is that you can check its status from the official UIDAI portal within few minutes. You just need to enter your 14-digit Enrolment ID along with its Date and Time in text box. Here are the steps you need to follow and check your Aadhaar status. Here are the details you should check –
For those who don’t know, Aadhaar is the 12-digit identity number which is unique to each user and is issued by the UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India). It is a mandatory verification number given to all Indian citizens. It should also be linked to various essential services, such as bank accounts, permanent account number (PAN), mobile numbers, life insurance policies, and social security schemes.
Steps to Check Aadhaar Status
- First of all, you should visit the official UIDAI portal, uidai.gov.in
- Go to Aadhaar Online Service section on the left side. Select the tab “Check Aadhaar Status” on third step or visit this link : https://resident.uidai.gov.in/check-aadhaar-status
- Once you click the link, you will be sent to the page where you can check your Aadhaar status.
- Here, you will need to enter the details required in this page, such as date and time, enrolment ID, and security code.
- Enrolment ID – Enrolment ID is mentioned in the receipt to track your Aadhaar status. Add it in this format – 1234/12345/12345
- Date/Time – Enter the date and time of enrolment in the field. It should be in this format – DD/MM/YYYY HH:MM:SS
- Security Code – Enter the Captcha code on screen.
- Click on the button “Check Status”
Along with the steps given above, you can go to this link https://resident.uidai.gov.in/check-aadhaar-status to check aadhaar status. It is the direct link to the page where you can check status.