Your mobile number should be linked to your Aadhar card, according to the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI), the body which issues 12-digit Unique Identity Number (Aadhaar number) and Aadhaar card to every Indian citizen. The UID or Aadhaar number is mandatory for several essential and government services, such as bank account and PAN card to name a few. You should always keep your mobile number and Aadhaar details up-to-date. UIDAI offers various online tools to provide help to Aadhaar card holders. Verifying your mobile number which is registered with Aadhaar is one of these services.
To figure out which of your mobile number is registered with Aadhar, go to uidai.gov.in and click “Verify Email/Mobile Number” link to find this tool. If you want to register new number with Aadhaar, you should visit the Aadhaar Kendra or Aadhaar Centre near you, according to UIDAI. You can easily get the list of your nearest Aadhaar centers online via UIDAI search tool. For your convenience, here is the link to this tool – https://appointments.uidai.gov.in/easearch.aspx.
Here are the steps to check which number is registered to your Aadhaar card with UIDAI portal –
- First of all, you should visit the official website of UIDAI. Find and click on the link “Verify Email/Mobile Number”. You can also access this online tool directly or visit this link: https://resident.uidai.gov.in/verify-email-mobile
- Fill in your registered mobile number, Aadhaar number, and security code in the mentioned fields that are specified on the next page.
- Proceed by clicking “Get OTP” link.
- You will get the code to verify your Aadhar mobile number through SMS. You will get this code to the registered mobile number. Enter the code you get through SMS in the OTP box.
- To continue, click on “Verify OTP” button.
- On the next page, you will see the message “Congratulations! Your Mobile Number is matched to our records.”