Aadhaar card is definitely one of the mandatory documents one should have. It should be linked to all your documents. While doing any transaction, an OTP is sent to the registered mobile number of the user and it is very important to keep all the phone numbers updated with Aadhaar. You can update all the details in Aadhaar online. You can simply visit UIDAI website and update your Aadhaar details online.
You can also update your phone number on Aadhaar online and also correct the wrong phone number registered with Aadhaar card.
Note – Now you no longer be able to change Mobile Number online as this facility is disabled. So, you need to visit the nearest Aadhaar center or you can also update it through post.
Updating Mobile Number through Post
If you have no longer access to your previous mobile number, you can easily change it on Aadhaar by sending request to UIDAI through post. Here’s how to do it –
- Download the correction form that you can get from UIDAI website. Print the form to proceed.
- Fill all the details on the form in capital letters.
- Simply take a blank paper and write the application regarding mobile number change with all the details. Since there is no other option to update your mobile number, it is a mandatory step.
- Attach the documents in PoI and PoA. Also mention your Aadhaar number on all the pages and forms.
- Post the form to one of these addresses. It is better to post it through speed post –
- UIDAI, Post Box No.99, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad – 500034, India
- UIDAI, Post Box No. 10, Chhindwara, Madhya Pradesh – 480001, India.
- Once the post has been delivered to UIDAI, your request will be met. It takes around 10 to 15 days to correct the number on Aadhaar.
Changing Phone Number at the Nearest Aadhaar Centre
- First of all, click this link https://appointments.uidai.gov.in/easearch.aspx to find the Aadhaar center near you.
- Get the correction form in the center and fill the details on the correction form. Verify the details and submit the form.
- You will get an acknowledgement slip to secure for reference. It will take hardly 7 days to update your mobile number.