The current government is focusing a lot on digitalization of the country. To provide highest degree of security and making things digital, the government offers free digital lockers to each citizen in the country. Though you cannot save your real assets in this locker, you can use it to store your digital documents. This service is cloud based and you should obviously use it.
Recently, UIDAI has partnered with digital locker service, DigiLocker so citizens can use it for free. This facility has many benefits.
- This service can store any kind of documents. Some of the documents include your Driving License, mark sheets, Passbook and any other important documents. Hence, you can prevent the risk of losing documents in any way.
- You can easily access any document on the fly. Even if you are out of town, you can easily access all the documents on your fingertips.
- You can fetch some documents directly from the issuing authority and department can easily avoid the need to validate documents generated by you.
If you are still not using this service, read on.
How to Store Aadhaar in DigiLocker?
- Visit the official DigiLocker site https://digilocker.gov.in/.
- Once it is loaded, click “Sign Up” and it will take you to new page. Enter your mobile number. You will get One Time Password. Enter the OTP to continue.
- Add few more details like your Aadhaar number in the given area. It will send another OTP. Enter the code and validate the Aadhaar number.
- It will automatically sync your Aadhaar card in the application. There is no need to upload it manually.
How to Download Aadhaar Card in DigiLocker?
Just like storing Aadhaar card, downloading it is also very simple –
- Simply visit the official DigiLocker site or click this link https://digilocker.gov.in/.
- Click “Sign in” with username and password or you can also login with Aadhaar card in DigiLocker.
- Once you are logged in, it will show up a dialog box with “Get your eAadhaar” option. Click on it and it will ask for OTP. Enter the password in the given area.
- Now you will be directed to the page where all the documents issued are saved. Click on “Save” icon on Aadhaar and download it.
Now that you know how to store and download Aadhaar on DigiLocker, you can also download your PAN card or other documents with the same procedure.